InDev 32 - The Localization Modding Update - Released!
After months of toiling, one of the most ambitious code overalls in Rise to Ruins history has been completed, and I am proud to introduce full localization modding support on the Steam Workshop! If English isn't your primary language, or, if you don't speak English at all, you can now easily download a user made language pack and play the game in your native tongue!
That's not all either, this patch has a plethora of miscellaneous improvements, from better render performance, bug fixes, new tile art, a new shadow engines and a ton more! Check out the change log below for detail.
If you're interested in following development much more closely, don't forget to follow me on Twitter or join the awesome community on Discord!
InDev 32 Change Log
- All game text can now be edited by players to be made into mods.
- Steam workshop support has been added for localization mods.
- The game now supports any TrueTypeFont, and should support all kinds of character sets, including Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- A new Steam Workshop tool, created by BeepDog has been included in the game install, allowing you to upload your mods to the new workshop.
- Tons of default flags have been added to the game, created by Crowbob, for you to use in your mods. They are located in /localization/flags/.
- Word wrapping system now much more accurate.
- All terrain, roads and walls have been given over 150% more transition tiles, giving the terrain much more complexity and depth. This fixes all kinds of visual ugliness, like double-width roads "grid patterns", or 1x? trails of terrain "dotting" along the map.
- Shadow generation has been greatly improved, allowing for much more visually complex shadows in the game.
- All mobs now cast more realistic shadows.
- You can now place buildings on top of most topography, and workers will clear it before starting construction.
- Building construction phases now no longer change until construction has actually began.
- The map and shadow rendering speed has been greatly improved.
- The game now uses less overall VRAM.
- Maximum game speed controls can now be changed by editing "maximumGameSpeed" in the settings.properties file. (Use at your own risk!)
- New preferred village pathfinding has been added. Villagers will now be extremely unwilling to leave the village, opting for longer paths to get to their destination, if the longer path allows them to remain in the village at all times.
- Added the finalized version of the sound track, with many improved/remastered tracks.
- Updated the bundled JRE for all operating systems to Java 8u202.
- Dropped support for 32-Bit Windows (Note: In theory, Win32 users can still launch the game via RtR.bat)
- Updated RtR64.exe's launch icon.
- Changed out several of the text based "floaters" with icons, like pregnancy and equipping items.
- Countless minor changes to various text all over the game.
- Selecting a profile now has a button click sound.
- Patreon links and icons removed from the game.
- Lowered flash rate of buttons.
- Removed the tip counter on the tip page when you have multiple tips.
- Temporarily disabled the hide topography button. (They'll be back next patch!)
- Migrants now award god XP doing actions.
- Slowed down Fire Elementals movement speed, but increased their hit points.
- Night time in the Winter has been made slightly shorter, to help nerf the large bump in monsters on the 15th and 16th day.
- Fixed the announcement page URL so announcements will correctly load on the main menu again.
- Fixed a bug where departing migrants were not granting god experience or ticking up the "send villagers" goal.
- The dedicated data thread very rarely crashing on exit has been fixed.
- Implemented an experimental save validation check to avoid save corruption issues on some machines.
- You can now press the "Abandon Region" button when debug view is on and you lose a region.
- Fixed a bug where resources inside the corruption's buildings were being counted in the player's totals.
- Statistics page tooltips for resources and mobs no longer show a description block containing the same value as the title.
- Fixed a few node reset issues on various A* algorithms.
- Fixed world data being wiped out if you attempted to forcefully exit the game on the loading screen.
- Added additional save validity checks to the save system
Get Rise to Ruins
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.