Build InDev 30 Unstable 2 Released
The corruption has arrived! InDev 30 Unstable 2 has been released. Like Unstable 1, this patch has massive sweeping changes to the fundamental balance of the entire game. Make sure to read over the change logs carefully!
Because the corruption system has made such a large impact on the game balance, I'm asking everyone to provide some feedback. Let me know what you think. Is it too hard, too easy, just right? If you want to go the extra mile, hop into custom mode and make up your own brand of what you think survival and nightmare mode should be, and share your settings!
You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum, or on the Steam Discussion Board. :)
InDev 30 Unstable 2 Change Log
- Now, the game will randomly corrupt your save files. The chance this happens increases the longer you survive, in an attempt to increase end game difficulty.
Better Corruption System
- Due to overwhelming negative feedback, the game no longer will randomly corrupt your save files the longer you survive in an attempt to increase difficulty.
- The entire spawn system has been completely replaced with the new corruption system. Now, a corrupted area will spawn on the map once you place your camp, slowly consuming the world around you.
- A new mob has been added, the "Drone". Drones are mostly harmless, but will build corrupted buildings and maintain roads inside the corruption.
- Monsters no longer spawn or attack during the day time. They now start attacking at dusk, ramp up at night, and return back to the corruption during the day.
- A large majority of the monsters inside the corruption will despawn during the day. (Note: Boosted monsters never despawn.)
- Monster spawn rates are now tied to how many days you have survived, the size of the corruption, and how many buildings are in the corruption.
- Several new corrupted buildings have been added, including hostile towers inside the corruption that will fire on villagers and golems.
- You can not cast spells inside the corruption.
- Doubled the length of a day.
- All of the delivery and construction harvest AI branches have been reworked and rearranged to better manage resources and make sure buildings get completed in the correct priority order if the resources are available to do so.
- Increased the rate light levels transition.
- Monsters no longer wander to radiance pools.
- You can now advance the passage of time in sandbox mode if you enable debug mode.
- You can now set the clock to 16x speed if you enable debug mode.
- Survival Island map tweaked slightly.
- Nerfed food values slightly.
- Lowered the priority of dirty water in the farm to high, so the water purifier gets more dirty water.
- Removed map "Bottleneck" from the Official Maps list.
- Increased the range provided by the forge.
- Nomad settings can now be customized in the custom game mode menu.
- There is now a 1 in 50 chance that a fire elemental will spawn when a meteor hits.
- Radiance pools now slowly generate energy the player can steal with their hand.
- Radiance pools no longer use cut stone, but require more rock and crystal.
- Increased Cold Aura spell cost.
- You can now access the reset AI function by holding down left shift on the selected region panel in world map view, and the load game menu in skirmish.
- Fixed copyright date on main menu.
- World overlay GUI elements no longer display behind the GUI panels.
- Tips popping up now cancel the current task, to prevent accidental clicking.
- Pausing the game hides the entire GUI now.
- Keys are no longer listed as "Rare wood drops" in the resource production panel.
- Tips no longer pop up associated with monster's buildings.
- Players now get subtle warnings the time of day period before a full moon, eclipse or blood moon.
- Fixed a typo in the debug screen, that was showing the topography layers flipped.
- You can no longer find keys harvesting resources.
- The chance you can find a loot box harvesting resources has been increased.
- Finding keys when trying to uncover lootboxes is now slightly more common.
- Lootbox settings can now be customized in the custom game mode menu.
Optimizing and Big Fixes
- Heavily optimized the provisioner price update and stock increase code. This should completely eliminate the "New day" lag some players have been having.
- Fixed some issues with sell resource and deliver resource AI branches not switching to the correct AI branches when failing.
- Fixed a rare crash when a mob is harvesting a resource and it the tile decays before he completes his work.
- Fixed crash when casting mend on walls that were completely blocked on all sides.
- Fixed a minor bug that would make laborers leave the marketplace too quickly sometimes.
- Fixed a crash when the delivery or selling AI would fail and try to repeat itself, sometimes returning incorrect values for the new assignment.
- Fixed a minor shadow generation glitch on the construction phase of the rain catcher.
- Fixed a few minor errors in the water artwork.
- Fixed a bug where you could not hide the camp placement panel in sandbox.
InDev 30 Unstable 1 Change Log
- All villagers can now hold between 3 and 8 resources at a time based on their strength. They will gain 1 additional resource per 100 strength, and always be able to carry a minimum of at least 3. This applies to labor golems as well.
- Harvesting AI has been modified to sometimes drop a resource on the ground. The chance they'll take resources home increases the more resources are in the area.
Sweeping Balance Changes
- Increased the stats of all friendly mobs and villagers by about 80%
- Reduced the amount of nomads that spawn, as well as their chance to spawn.
- Starting villagers in a new region on the world map have been reduced to 12.
- Starting resources in a new region on the world map have increased to 32.
- Starting villagers in skirmish mode reduced to 10-14.
- The amount of starting villagers in Limbo have been reduced to 19-29 in survival and nightmare.
- The monster spawn rates in survival, nightmare and traditional have been reduced.
- Doggo spawn rates have been halved.
- Farms now grow food 4 times slower.
- Wild food now grows and spreads 2 times slower.
- All food items now provide more overall food.
- Almost all job slots provided by all work buildings has been cut in half.
- Occupancy maximum for housing has been cut in half.
- You now gain twice as much maximum influence per villager.
- Added all new Patreons'[www.patreon.com] rewards to the game.
- Changed how essence is generated from objects, making the output more varied in appearance.
- When the game needs to find an open space to force drop a resource, the location is a bit more randomized now.
- A new statistics panel has been added to the game, showing tons of daily statistics about your village.
- All GUI code has been completely gutted and reorganized, most of the changes will be transparent to the player. But pretty much everything under the hood was redone.
- Updated the mouse lock icon.
- When selecting a terrain while making a new map, you no longer unselect the map size.
- Fixed mining facility upgrade descriptions.
- Spells on the spell bar will no longer stay highlighted even if no spell is selected.
- Fixed a minor typo in the catjeet laboror's tasking AI.
- Right clicking to add/remove workers now adds and removes plus or minus 5, rather than 10.
- Lowered the "low villager count" warning in the problem panel from 10 to 5 villagers.
- Changed the description of the crystillery so it fits in the description box.
Optimizing and Big Fixes
- Removed even more erroneous names from the name list.
- Wrote in a system to remove erroneous names during runtime, preventing them from causing problems.
- Catjeet nomad children are now in the correct mob group.
- Fixed a bug that would allow workers to "overfill" the farm while it is being upgraded.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.