InDev 30b - The Optimizing and Balance Update - Released!
This is one of the largest optimizing patches ever released for Rise to Ruins, featuring massive performance gains mid-late game. If you're one of the lower speced or extreme late-game users, you're going to love this update!
This patch also introduces a large number of balance tweaks based on your feedback of InDev 30. So be sure to look over the change log. :)
Let me know down in the comments how your performance is, as well as suggest additional balance changes!
InDev 30c *HOT FIX* Change Log
- Large fire pits no longer give corruption resistance.
- Fixed lightning targeting issues causing them to "miss" lightning rods occasionally.
- Implemented possible fix for medics posted lists returning invalid mobs that are no longer actually posted to clinics, causing crashes.
- Ghosts now properly do not appear the moment a mob who can spawn a ghost is killed.
- Guard flee mechanics adjusted, so they will stop running away as often.
- Reduced permanent corruption amounts per day in nightmare mode.
- Slightly increased corruption spread rates in nightmare mode.
- Reduced permanent corruption amounts per day in traditional mode.
InDev 30b Change Log
- Corruption can now push its way into low corruption resistance areas when it has been bottled up for a long time.
- You can now see the raw value of the corruption resistance tiles when using debug view.
- Monsters now have a 1 in 4 chance to not spawn at a building in the corruption, but rather a random coordinate inside the corruption.
- Lowered the search radius for picking up extra resources slightly.
- Gave guards a 50% buff to defense, and a 25% buff to damage.
- Amount a mob is lit on fire reduced 25%.
- Adjusted the aggressiveness of most mobs.
- Increased Laborer hire price by 50%
- Catjeet laborers spawn 3 times less often.
- Halved the blood slime spawn rate during a blood moon.
- Small blood slime can now spawn during a blood moon.
- Villagers now panic 30% more often during a blood moon.
- Only a maximum of 2 disasters can occur in the same day.
- Make/Maintain settings now work correctly for dirty water buckets.
Optimizing and Big Fixes
- Optimized the ranged combat AI a bit.
- Fixed a bunch of minor typos throughout the game.
- Added some particle culling code to the particle system to keep particle counts from getting out of hand.
- Reduced the duration of blood particles.
- Optimized how resource values of buildings are stored, removing the actual resources from the game, optimizing various aspects of the code game wide.
- Completely rewrote how a majority of mob AI flags are stored in game, reducing save time and memory usage while reducing CPU usage when initially spawning.
- Fixed a bug in the projectile trajectory code that could cause an endless loop in some very rare scenarios.
- You can no longer select maximum upgraded roads to upgrade.
- Optimized the collision line of sight code in the collision module.
- Optimized some of the essence collection and distribution code.
- Fixed multi-threaded path finding, was not running correctly in the previous patch.
- Added a third dedicated core for lighting and range updates.
- Slightly optimized the lookup code for refining and harvesting data on objects.
- Optimized a lot of the object lookup code.
- Optimized object priority list sorting/grouping code.
- Did some experimental changes to the game loop timing to smooth frame rates in high-load scenarios. (Note, this can cause some rubber banding effects moving around the map if your system is extremely bogged down)
- Fixed a very rare crash bug when a villager tries to pickup more resources while the destination building becomes no longer available.
- Villagers will no longer remove banned resources from a building under construction, if the building requires those resources.
Get Rise to Ruins
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.